Multi-Color, Fade, & Splatter Anodizing
DCHN has the knowledge and the expertise to handle all of your color anodizing needs. Our color anodizing process will give your aluminum components the hardness of case-hardened steel while retaining the light weight of aluminum. DCHN’s custom finishes can make your surface exceptionally hard and corrosion- and abrasion-resistant, can help it conduct or resist heat, give it lubricity or dielectric properties, and even add colors.
DCHN solves color anodizing finishing problems and provides quality finishing solutions for a broad range of industries and products, including:
Colored anodizing, whether Type II or Sanford QUANTUM®®, is not limited to a single color on a part. These techniques allow for three different effects:
Multi-Color Anodizing: 2 or more distinct colors on a part within defined areas.
Fade Anodizing: Color transition from one color to another, without clear demarcation.
Splatter Anodizing: Random colors on same part in same area.
These techniques can be applied to either Type II or Sanford QUANTUM®® hardcoat anodizing.
Typically these techniques are used for design purposes:
- Product differentiation
- And for a variety of products including
- Medical & pharmaceutical
- Consumer products
- Hardware & tools
- Computer components
- Gears & pulleys
- Writing instruments
- Cookware & food prep
- Cosmetics & fashion
- Marine accessories
- Industrial machinery
- Military suppliers
- Advertising specialties
- Camping & hiking equipment
- Aerospace technologies
- and more.
We are always willing to explore hard coating alternatives, and the DCHN team will gladly work with you to create the best color anodizing solution for your specific application.
- Can TUFFCOAT™ Aluminum Hard Coat Be Colored?
- Depends on what coating is specified
- DCHN meets or exceeds the following standards for our hard coating and color anodizing processes: Mil-A-8625, Type III, Class 1 and 2; BAC-5821 Class 1 and 2; AMS-2468; and AMS-2469. In testing for inorganic chemical treatments, DCHN performs Taber testing, coating weight testing, and salt spray testing utilizing an outdoor testing laboratory. We are a NADCAP-approved vendor for major aerospace and commercial contractors, and can certify to government and commercial spec